for the bio-sciences sector
Oxford Optronix’ success stems from a programme of continuous research and development, unmatched customer service and key OEM collaborations. This reinforces our position as a global pioneer of scientific instruments.
We value the contributions of our people both as individuals and collectively, and their role in driving the continued expansion and success of the Company. We seek individuals who enjoy challenging opportunities and have a desire to participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Oxford Optronix is always interested to hear from talented individuals keen to join our expanding team. As specific opportunities arise, they will be advertised on this page. If you would like to send us a CV for consideration (regardless of vacancy status), please send it to email@example.com.
Oxford Optronix is a progressive employer. We offer competitive salaries together with a generous pension scheme, private healthcare plan and holidays.
£16,000 to £24,000
Posted 14 March 2019
A Sensor Technician is required to join a small, lively technology-based company specialising in the development and manufacture of pioneering scientific and medical devices.
If you enjoy challenges, are a team-player, like to be recognized for your hard work, and have the skills and experience to succeed, we would love to hear from you!
You will be working with documented instructions to prepare, build, test, calibrate and package precision fibre-optic sensors used in medical devices and the life-sciences. You require the ability to read drawings and follow written procedures, manual dexterity, close tolerance assembly work, use of various manual and semi-automatic tools and instruments and to enter information into spreadsheets. Your attention to detail will be paramount.
• Follow documented procedures and instructions to assemble products required.
• Operate in a clean working and controlled, clean-room environment.
• Mix various liquids and potting materials using specified calculations.
• Perform in-process testing and verification during manufacturing process.
• Enter information into various spreadsheets and databases.
• Print labels from predefined program.
• Pack final product as required for shipment according to documentation.
• Recognize potential process errors and recommend appropriate corrections.
• Monitor and re-order stock
• Communicate requirement to co-workers.
• Work with others in recommending and implementing operations improvements.
• Attend training designed to improve individual skills and performance, or quality of product and processes.
• Complete required reporting and tracking metrics.
• Experience in assembling small, delicate, precision products.
• Experience in fast-paced work environment using hand and light duty tools.
• Experience with measuring and mixing liquids.
• Ability to read and understand English documentation required.
• Ability to use MS Excel.
• Experience of working within a cleanroom desirable.
• Experience of working within a Quality System desirable.
• Soldering experience desirable.